Effective Date: June 30, 2020
We respect your privacy, and we are committed to protecting it in accordance with this Privacy and Data Policy.
This Privacy and Data Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the Site and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. It also describes your choices regarding use, access, and correction of your personal information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Site;
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and the Site;
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from the Website or the App, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Site;
- Through cameras or other devices being operated through our products supported by the Site;
- That you provide to us for the purpose of registering our products or subscribing to our services.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website or mobile applications operated by third parties;
- Any other user of the Site or any of our products supported through the Site; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is to not use the Site. By accessing or using this Site, you agree to this Privacy and Data Policy. This policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of this Site after we make changes constitutes your acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
1.Minors Under the Age of 18
The Site is not intended for minors under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from minors under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Site or on or through any of its features, register on the Site, make any purchases through the Site, share a video created by any product supported through the Site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Site or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a minor under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a minor under 18, please contact us.
2.What Personal Information About Users Do We Gather?
In order to help us personalize and continually improve your experience at the Site, we gather certain types of information. The types of information we gather are:
Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you provide when you use the Site, when you use our products, or when you give to us information in any other way. For example, we collect information to track users’ location and to download video feeds from our products. Also, we may request that you provide certain personal information, including your name, address, email address, birth date, telephone number, contact information, and any other information from which your identity is confirmed. We may also sometimes afford you the opportunity to provide descriptive, cultural, behavioral, and preferential and/or lifestyle information about yourself, but it is solely up to you whether you furnish such information. If you do provide such information, you are thereby consenting to the use of that information in accordance with the policies and practices described in this Privacy and Data Policy. In other areas, we collect or may collect demographic information that is not unique to you such as your ZIP code, age, preferences, gender, interests and favorites. Sometimes we collect or may collect a combination of the two types of information. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of certain features or products related to the Owlcam Services. We use the information that you provide to us for such purposes as providing services to you, providing products to you, responding to your requests, customizing future visits for you, improving our services, and communicating with you.
You also may choose to share:
- account information, such as your profile name, phone number, and photo, which may be available to other parties using our services, if you elect to share that information, although you can configure your settings through the Site to manage certain information available to other users. You may provide your mobile phone number and/or email address to create a recovery account through the Site and for other features and services. You may also add other information to your account, such as a profile name, profile picture, email address, and status message.
- your contacts, including users with whom you communicate and who may store or share your information (including your phone number or messages) with others on and off our Site. We receive information other people provide us, which may include information about you. For example, when other users you know use our services, they may provide your phone number from their mobile address book (just as you may provide theirs), or they may send you a message, send messages to groups to which you belong, or call you. You may at some point provide us the phone numbers in your mobile address book, including those of both the users of our services and your other contacts, for sharing your videos. You confirm that you are authorized to provide us such information. To help you organize how you communicate with others, we may create a favorites list of your contacts for you, aggregated from information you provide, and you may be permitted to create, join, or get added to groups and broadcast lists, and such groups and lists get associated with your account information.
- your messages to us and to other through the Site. If a message cannot be delivered immediately (for example, if you are offline), we may keep it on our servers for up to 10 days as we try to deliver it. If a message is still undelivered after 30 days, we may delete it. To improve performance and deliver media messages more efficiently, such as when many people are sharing a popular photo or video, we may retain that content on our servers for a longer period of time.
- information related to your use of the Owlcam Services, including copies of your messages, and how to contact you so we can provide you customer support. For example, you may send us an email with information relating to our Site performance or other issues.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve the services we offer you and site functionality. We may partner with third parties to either display advertising on our Site or manage our advertising on other sites. Our third-party partners may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this Site and other sites in order to provide you with advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt out by clicking here. Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You may continue to receive generic ads.
We also automatically collect the following types of information:
- Transactional Information. If you pay for our additional services, we may receive information and confirmations, such as payment receipts, including from “app stores” or other third parties processing your payment.
- Device and Connection Information. We collect device-specific information when you install, access, or use our services through our App or Website. This includes information such as hardware model, operating system information, browser information, location, IP address, mobile network information including phone number, and device identifiers. When using the App, you may register your current mobile phone number to receive communications. When registering the number, you consent to receive text messages, VOIP calls, and phone calls (from us or our third-party providers), and any additional associated costs from your wireless provider.
- Usage Information. We collect information on when and where the video is created, and how our App and Website are used. We use reasonable precautions to anonymize this data. This includes information about your activity (such as how you use our services or how you interact with others using our services).
- Video Information. We collect data on when and where the video is created, as well as the text for video titles. We use reasonable precautions to anonymize this data. Voice naming of your video is processed using a cloud-based service. We may elect, in our sole discretion, to view video when we have detected a crash event, for the purposes of improving the accuracy of our alerts, and to facilitate the effectuation of our services.
Please refer to our cookies policy described below, which cookies policy is expressly made a part of this Privacy and Data Policy.
- ADDITIONAL SERVICES AND EMERGENCY SERVICES: Our services provided through the Site are intended to be used as a part of a security system. Neither we, nor the Site nor the Owlcam Services is an emergency services provider. However, as part of our services, we may choose, at our sole discretion, to call emergency services on your behalf in the case of accidents and emergencies. You also acknowledge that by using this service you consent to these additional terms.
- Communications with other users of the Site: Any communications, information, video, audio, or other content that you exchange with any other user of the Site or any other user of our products will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. We have no responsibility for any information that you share with any other user of the Site or any other user of our products at your sole risk and at your sole discretion.
- Sharing Information with Us: Although we will take reasonable measures to maintain the privacy of any communications, information, video, audio, or other content that you share with us, we have no duty to view or to otherwise take any action regarding the contexts or subject matters of any such communications, information, video, audio, or other content that you share with us or with any other user or third party.
- Email Communications: We may store all email correspondences between you and the Site in order to improve your future experiences. We may use your contact information in order to send you emails or other communications regarding updates at the Site. While you have the option to opt-out of receiving emails, we reserve the right to send you strictly service-related announcements, e.g., if service is temporarily suspended for maintenance. You may opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe link from the email, or by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Blog/Forum: The Site may contain publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request the removal of your personal information from a blog or forum contact us by clicking here. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
3. How We Use Information We Gather
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To help us research, analyze, evaluate, develop, operate, provide, improve, test, understand, customize, support, troubleshoot, refine, and market our services.
- To provide the services that support our products, including any product that you purchase through the Site.
- To track your location and movement, with your consent, when you use our products or the Owlcam Services.
- To present, and to customize, the Site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request or purchase from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To send to you statements and invoices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Site or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To enable our third party partners and their affiliates to provide services to you.
- To otherwise provide information to third party advertisers to assist in the marketing of products or services to users.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent
4. Disclosure of Information
We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this Privacy and Data Policy. We may disclose aggregated information about our users. We may disclose personal information that we collect or that you provide as described in this Privacy and Data Policy:
- To third party users of the Site for the purposes of using our products or for rendering certain services to you, including the Owlcam Services.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates for various purposes.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our Business. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of third parties.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Business’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about the Site users or our products’ users is among the assets transferred. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- To third parties who provide services on our behalf to help with our Business’s activities.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information, including, without limitation, your video and audio content:
- In certain situations in which we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Business, our customers or others.
We DO NOT, without your consent, collect or repurpose personally identifiable information including but not limited to:
- Social Security Numbers.
- Criminal Records.
We may collect your location-based information as a part of the services that we provide or as a part of the features of our products and the Owlcam Services. We will only share this information with our tracking provider for the sole purpose of providing you this service. You may opt-out of location-based services at any time by editing the setting at the device or App level or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5.Access and Choice
Upon request, we will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. You may access, correct, or request deletion of your personal information held by us by making the change on the Site or by emailing our Customer Support by clicking here or by contacting us by postal mail at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Information you provide to any other user of the Site or any other user of our products may not be held by the Business, and we will have no responsibility for correcting or deleting any such information.
6.Public Areas of the Site
Some areas of the Site may be public areas and some features of our products may function like public areas in which users share information with each other. These areas and features are OPEN PUBLIC FORUMS and must be treated as such. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas, or through these features, including any video or audio streams or recordings may be watched, read, collected, and used by others who access them. Sharing your information through any public area of the Site or through any content-sharing features of our products makes that information available to the public. CHOOSING TO MAKE YOUR INFORMATION PUBLIC IS EXACTLY WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE: ANYONE, INCLUDING PEOPLE OFF OF THE SITE, WILL BE ABLE TO SEE IT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OR YOUR SAFETY WHEN POSTING, OR RESPONDING TO ANY POSTING, ON ANY OF THESE FORUMS. PLEASE BE SMART AND VERIFY ANY PARTIES WITH WHOM YOU SHARE ANY INFORMATION.
We may implement measures designed to secure your personal information including a variety of privacy and security policies, processes, and procedures, including administrative, physical, and technical safeguards that reasonably and appropriately protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the personal information that it creates, receives, maintains or transmits from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. In addition, we may elect to encrypt the transmission of such personal information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
The safety and security of your information depend on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Site like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Site.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Site. ANY TRANSMISSION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site. If you have any questions about security on our Site, you can contact us by clicking here.
8.Third Party Sites
The Site may contain links to third-party sites over which we have no control. We are not responsible for the Privacy and Data Policies or practices of other Sites. We encourage you to review the privacy and data policies of those other sites so you can understand how they collect, use, and share your information.
9. Widgets and Social Media Features
The Site may include social media features, such as the Facebook Like button and Widgets, such as the Share this button or interactive mini-programs that run on the Site. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our site, and may set a cookie to enable the Feature to function properly. Social media features and Widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on the Site. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy and data policy of the business providing it; YouTube LLC, Facebook Inc, Twitter Inc and LinkedIn Corporation. Any information, including video or audio content, that you provide through the social media features or Widgets is not governed by this Privacy and Data Policy.
10.Open ID Provider
You may be able to log in to the Site through sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on this Web site to your profile page to share with others within your network.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with the Business’s legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy and Data Policy unless a longer retention period is required or allowed by law for a set period. You understand and agree, however, that it may not be possible to completely delete all information from the Business’s databases, and in such case, we may retain (but not display, distribute, or perform) server copies of your information that have been removed or deleted from your account. Even after we have deleted your information from the Business’s systems, copies of some information from your account may remain viewable in some circumstances – where, for example, you have shared information with other users on the Site or other users of our products, social media platforms, and other unaffiliated services, or in a de-identified or aggregated fashion. We may also retain backup information related to your account on our servers for some time after cancelation for fraud detection or to comply with applicable law or the Business’s internal security policies. ANY INFORMATION THAT YOU SHARE WITH OTHER USERS OF THE SITE OR OTHER USERS OF OUR PRODUCTS, WHETHER THROUGH THE SITE OR THROUGH ANOTHER PLATFORM, IS NOT SUBJECT TO THIS PRIVACY AND DATA POLICY AND MAY BE RETAINED INDEFINITELY. WE DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY AND RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY INFORMATION THAT YOU SHARE WITH ANY OTHER USER OF THE SITE OR ANY OTHER USER OF OUR PRODUCTS AND YOU SHARE ANY INFORMATION WITH ANY OTHER USER OF THE SITE OR ANY OTHER USER OF OUR PRODUCTS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND IN YOUR SOLE DISCRETION.
12.Mobile Privacy and Location Tracking
We may offer you the ability to connect with our Site with a mobile device, either through the App or via a mobile optimized Website. The provisions of this Privacy and Data Policy apply to all such mobile access and use of mobile devices, whether through the App or through the Website. When you download or use our App, or access one of our mobile-optimized websites, we use various technologies to determine location, such as location services of the applicable operating system or browser and sensor data from your device, such as GPS coordinates. We automatically receive and record information on our server from the App, your browser, or the mobile platform, including your location, IP address, browser type, operating information, device and application IDs, and cookie information. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable location services in the device’s setting’s menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or the manufacturer of your particular device.
13. Changes to Our Privacy and Data Policy
It is our policy to post any changes we make to this Privacy and Data Policy on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat users’ personal information, we will notify you by e-mail to the primary e-mail address specified in your account and/or through a notice on the Site home page prior to the change becoming effective. The date the Privacy and Data Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable e-mail address for you, and for periodically visiting our Site and this Privacy and Data Policy to check for any changes.
14.Applicable Law / European Users
By using the Site, you agree that our management of your information will be governed by the law of the United States and the laws of applicable states within the United States. The Site is operated in the United States. However, we may transfer and process your information globally where we have or use facilities, service providers, or partners, regardless of where you use our services. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States, and by using the Site or giving your information, you consent to such transfer, and understand that the United States may not provide the same level of protection as the laws of your country. You acknowledge that laws, regulations, and standards of the country in where your information is stored or processed may be different from those of your own country.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to comply with applicable requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) as to information held by us for Business purposes only, and any other directly applicable European Union regulation relating to privacy (the “European Data Protection Legislation”). We make no representation or warranty that information that you share or provide to other users of the Site or our products through the Site, our products or otherwise, complies with the European Data Protection Legislation, and such information is shared or provided at your sole risk. Pursuant to the European Data Protection Legislation, may elect to take certain compliance measures if we decide that such measures are necessary or desirable, including, without limitation:
- placing appropriate technical and organizational measures, reviewed and approved by you, to protect against unauthorized or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data, appropriate to the harm that might result from the unauthorized or unlawful processing or accidental loss, destruction or damage and the nature of the data to be protected, having regard to the state of technological development and the cost of implementing any measures (those measures may include, where appropriate, pseudonymizing and encrypting personal data, ensuring confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of its systems and services, ensuring that availability of and access to personal data can be restored in a timely manner after an incident, and regularly assessing and evaluating the effectiveness of the technical and organizational measures adopted by it);
- notifying you without undue delay on becoming aware of a personal data breach;
- at your written direction, deleting or returning personal data and copies thereof to you on termination of your use of the Site; and
- maintaining complete and accurate records and information to demonstrate compliance with this Privacy and Data Policy.
You consent to us appointing a third-party processor of personal data under this Privacy and Data Policy.
Cookies are commonly used automated data collection tools – like small pieces of text sent to your web browser by a website you visit, in HTML-formatted emails, and in applications. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows our service or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and our service more useful to you.
- To enable certain functions of our services
- To store your preferences
- Collect statistics regarding your services usage
- Provide us with information to support technical functionality of our services, improve the experience, and measure effectiveness
- To enable a third party to deliver and or effectuate our products and our services to you.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser. When you use and access the Owlcam Services, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser or application. We use both session and persistent cookies on the Site, and we use different types of cookies to run our services:
Accounts-related cookies. We may use accounts-related cookies to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. We may use these cookies to remember information that changes the way the Owlcam Services behave or look, such as the “remember me” functionality.
Analytics or customization cookies. We collect information that is either used in aggregate form to help us understand how the Services are used or how effective they are, or to help us customize the Services for you.
What are your choices regarding cookies?
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features and functionalities we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly, and we may be unable to offer certain services and support.
Do-Not-Track. There are different ways you can prevent tracking of your online activity. One of them is setting a preference in your browser that alerts websites you visit that you do not want them to collect certain information about you. This is referred to as a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) signal.
Please note that at this time, there is no universally accepted standard for what a company should do when a DNT signal is detected. In the event a final standard is established, we will assess how to appropriately respond to these signals.
The Site is owned and operated by CallPass, LLC, a Florida limited liability company. You can contact the Site by visiting the Contact Us Page.
4592 Ulmerton Road
Clearwater, FL 33762